The Cape Institute for Architecture (CIfA) invites you to submit projects for the 2023 CIfA Award for Architecture.
Projects that fall in an area under jurisdiction of the Cape Institute for Architecture, and were completed during the period 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2022, are eligible for entry to the 2023-2024 awards programme.
Any member of the institute can enter projects completed in ANY REGION for that region’s awards adjudication. You only need to be a member of one of the SAIA regions to enter and don’t need to be a member of the region where you enter your projects. Should your practice have completed projects in other regions, please contact the relevant institute for information regarding their awards programme. Please note that their closing dates differ from the closing date of the Cape Institute for Architecture.
All relevant documentation, logos and information needed to guide you through the submission process can be downloaded here.
• All submissions will be ONLINE ONLY.
• Closing date for submission is Wednesday 31 May 2023.
• No late entries will be accepted.
• This is not a competition but an awards programme.
Category A – Enter Online here
• A new building or group of buildings;
• A work of technological importance;
• The conservation, restoration and/or rehabilitation (refurbishment) of existing buildings, historic precincts or areas.
Category B – Enter Online here
• A work of social importance, other than a building, for which the member was appointed as the architect;
• Research in the field of architecture.
The regional Panel of Adjudicators has been appointed by the Management Committee of the Cape Institute for Architecture. The names of the members on the panel are:
• Combrink, Carin [PrArch]
• Douglas, Liani [PrArch]
• Maritz, Nicolaas [Multimedia Artist]
• Rademan, Stefan [PrArch]
• Smuts, Carin [PrArch] – Convener
• Thabo, Lynette [PSAT]
We look forward to receiving your entries and wish you the best of luck.
ENQUIRIES: Asa by email or telephone 021-424 7128