Dear CIfA Member
The Cape Institute for Architecture (CIfA) wishes to invite all members to participate in a project which will showcase work of our members outside of the CIfA Award for Architecture. Please submit your favourite project, the one that gave you the most pleasure to work on, built or unbuilt. With this we hope to explore a broader range of our members’ work. Entries are limited to one submission per member and are free.
CIfA intends to publish these projects of its members. The process will include exposure on CIfA’s Instagram Page, where there will be open voting by other members and the public.
The end result will be a B5 booklet at the end of 2020 and an exhibition of the projects.
The booklet will form part of the CIfA 2020 Annual General Meeting and Year-end Function. Copies will be distributed to all CIfA members.
- All entries to be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We require 7 – 10 images, diagrams, drawings, photographs, etc. and a paragraph of 50 words explaining why you chose the project. (Literally, separate submissions for the images, text, diagrams, drawings, photographs and lastly, the 50 worded motivation for the chosen project.)
- State the name and address of the project.
- The team that worked on it from an architectural point of view. This does not include the rest of the professional team.
Note: The sketches, drawings, photographs must be of the highest quality possible and must be able to be reduced to a B5 format and still be legible.
- Please submit your project as soon as possible, so that we may post them on Instagram. The deadline for entries is the 31 AUGUST 2020.
- The selection of the final projects for the publication will be done via Instagram voting until 31 AUGUST 2020
We look forward to receiving your entries and wish you the best of luck.
ENQUIRIES: Submit enquiries to Asa via email