Category 1 CPD Value: 1.0 Point
The NEC is a family of standard contracts, each of which has these characteristics:
* Its use stimulates good management of the relationship between the two parties to the contract and, hence, of the work included in the contract.
* It can be used in a wide variety of commercial situations, for a wide variety of types of work and in any location.
*It is a clear and simple document – using language and a structure that is straightforward and easily understood.
Some of the basic characteristics of the NEC contracts
* Mutual trust and co-operation requirement (edition 2 onwards)
* Good management encouraged (not just rights and obligations)
* Procedure driven
* Can be used internationally
In this workshop, we will look at the NEC Engineering and Construction Contract (ECC).
We will look at the structure of the contract and the mechanisms it uses to deal with amongst others payment, variations, and extensions of time.
After attending this workshop, you should be able to understand what the NEC ECC is and when and how it should be used.
* Introduction to the NEC;
* The NEC Suite of books;
* The NEC ECC Black Book;
* The procurement options available through the use of the 6 main options A to F;
* The nine (9) core clauses;
* The secondary options;
* The NEC terminology & philosophy;
* The Risk Register (Early Warning Register);
* The Works Information (Scope);
* The use of the program;
* Early Warnings;
* Compensation Events and how to calculate additional cost due to the contractor;
* Completion & take over;
* Approach to sub-contractors;
* Dispute resolution;
* The potential problem areas and possible solutions or risk mitigating strategies.
Date: 16 March 2023
Time: 08h00 – 17h00
Venue: CIfA Offices: 71 Hout Street, Cape Town
Cost: R1350.00 (Member) / R1650.00 (Non-Member)
CPD Value: 1.0 Point – Category 1
Please register online and pay to secure your place.