The President of South Africa, Mr Ramaphosa, has, on 23rd of March 2020, announced that the National Coronavirus Command Council had decided to enforce a nation-wide lockdown for 21 days with effect from midnight on Thursday 26 March 2020.
This is a strange and difficult time. We are all concerned about what the coronavirus pandemic means for our health, our livelihoods, our food system, and our communities, both in the short and long term. The CIfA continues to prioritize the health, safety and well-being of its members, employees and all its affiliate organisations during these challenging times.
Following the announcement, the CIfA has put the following measures in place;
- Discourage face to face meetings with external stakeholders, therefore, all queries should be communicated to the CIfA Staff via email or telephonically
- All staff members will work from home effective 13h00 on the 25th of March 2020 as our offices will be physically closed
- All email queries will be attended to as normal with remote access.
- All administration work will continue as normal.
For any assistance required please contact the following;
- Henk Lourens (CIfA President) – 072 827 3102
- Asa Gordon (Executive Officer) – email@example.com / 083 302 6092
- Soraya Rakiep (Secretariat & Membership) – firstname.lastname@example.org / 073 381 8509
- Brent De Waal (Continuing Professional Development) – email@example.com / 082 750 6670
As the current situation changes continuously and rapidly, we will keep you updated on any changes to the above arrangements.
We appreciate your full cooperation and understanding as we are facing this pandemic challenge as a country and the world.
Wishing you health and strength,
President of the Cape Institute for Architecture