Dear CIfA Members
All CIfA Members are invited to nominate persons to serve on the Panel of Adjudicators for the CIfA Award for Architecture 2021 Programme.
An important function of all the Regional Institutes and the South African Institute of Architects (SAIA) is to recognise and promote excellence in architecture and to create public awareness and debate on architectural issues. The awards programme is in support of these goals and run in two stages over a two-year period.
During the first stage, the Regional Institutes invite submissions, appoint and convene a Panel of Adjudicators to decide the Regional Awards for Architecture and eligible projects to be submitted for national consideration. The Regional Awards for Architecture will be announced and made at a regional function later this year.
The second stage of the programme starts at the end of 2021 with the submission of entries by the regional Panel of Adjudicators for consideration of the SAIA Award of Merit and the SAIA Award for Excellence.
The composition of the Panel of Adjudicators is as follows and will be convened by the CIfA President or his nominated representative:
- Three regional members of whom at least two are members of SAIA (PrArch)
- An academic architect
- An eminent person or a layperson who is knowledgeable in the field of architecture and/or conservation
It is recommended that:
- One of the adjudicators (member or academic) be from outside the Region’s jurisdiction;
- One member of the panel should have served on a previous regional adjudication panel
The Panel of Adjudicators will be confirmed by the CIfA Management Committee.
The provisional 2021 adjudication programme is:
- 12 April – Call for submission of projects
- 11 June – Closing date for submission
- 1 & 2 July – Short listing of projects for in loco inspections
- 22 – 26 July – In loco inspections
- 4 October – Presentation & Announcement of recipients of the CIfA Award for Architecture
Panel Members can be nominated by any member of the Institute and individuals are also encouraged to nominate themselves.
Please send nominations by no later than 2 April 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org