PEGASYS is an advisory group focusing on developmental impact in emerging economies. We are trusted advisors and partners to the public and private sector, helping them manage natural resources and develop vital public infrastructure. We are head-quartered in Cape Town, South Africa. We address global issues, but our work is focussed and delivered predominantly in South, East and West Africa.
PEGASYS has built a globally recognised track-record of assisting governments, international financial institutions, and private clients & investors in responding to urban development, resilience and planning. We are now looking to recruit an Analyst: Urban Design into our Cape Town office to join our Urban Design Team.
At PEGASYS you will find a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment that offers scope for personal and professional growth and innovation. Our team is passionate about improving the public environment and committed to making a difference to settlement design, planning and implementation in Southern Africa. We are involved in a wide range of public and private sector projects ranging from policy and guidelines to design and implementation of urban design, to significantly influence the economic, environmental, social, and cultural outcomes of a location.
Analyst: Urban Design role
• Full-time position
• Location – Cape Town
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Will include but not be limited to:
• Support delivery of Urban Design projects, providing high-quality technical support to urban design projects.
• Present findings to clients, partners and senior decision makers in government, development finance and the private sector with a high-level of confidence.
• Work with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams to tackle complex urban design challenges.
• Make an active contribution to developing new business opportunities and proposal development regarding Urban Design.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• An undergraduate degree in GIS, architecture or town planning and preferably a Master’s degree in Urban Design or closely related field (recognised by The Urban Design Institute of South Africa (UDISA)) or a keen interest to pursue and urban design qualification.
• Digital graphic ability and 1-3 years’ experience in AutoCAD, GIS, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Sketchup
• Our preference is for an individual with 1-3 years’ experience in Urban Design and a background in a built environment profession.
• Candidates should be able to demonstrate and clearly articulate their interest in finding solutions to the pressing social and environmental issues which our urban design work aims to address.
• Experience of working in Africa and other frontier markets
• Foreign language proficiency in French or Portuguese.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
This role calls for several specific skills and characteristics, including:
• Comfortable working in frontier markets and finding robust approaches to analysis and problem solving in environments sometimes characterized by limited data availability.
• The highest ethical and professional standards.
• Attention to accuracy, detail and ability
• An eagerness to learn new skills adapt to changing job requirements as the need arises
• Excellent oral and written communication skills matched by strong quantitative abilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in diverse teams with colleagues from a range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
• Commensurate with experience and qualifications
If the above vacancy interests you, please email your updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title as your subject heading.
Closing date: 10 July 2022