The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
SPATIAL PLANNING AND ENVIRONMENT ● URBAN PLANNING AND DESIGN
PRINCIPAL PROFESSIONAL OFFICER: URBAN DESIGN
TCOE SALARY COMMENCING FROM: R1 062 055 TO R1 476 972 PER ANNUM
● REF NO: SPE 14/22 ● CIVIC CENTRE, CAPE TOWN
* Professional postgraduate qualification in urban design (MUD or MCPUD) as well as a postgraduate built environment degree (preferably in architecture MArch or six-year BArch), recognised by the relevant professional accreditation body
* Minimum eight (8) years’ post-Master’s relevant experience required
* The post requires a significant amount of on-site work, community engagement and travel to remote areas. Physical mobility and a willingness to go into areas that may be unpredictable or physically challenging is a requirement of the post
* A valid Code EB driver’s licence.
Key Performance areas:
* Manage/lead the conceptualising, design and implementation of the public space programmes and projects of the department emanating from the planning process;
* Provide specialist planning, design, and project management services and coordination to the packaging of large scale and/or complex strategic local area forward planning and development initiatives
* Compile and manage the preparation of urban frameworks
* Conceptualise and manage the preparation of city-wide urban design strategies principles, policies and guidelines
*Assess and monitor compliance of major, large scale and complex urban development proposals to urban design guidelines and policies
* Coordinate the participation of relevant stakeholders in the identification, development and adoption of urban design strategies, policies, guidelines and capital projects
* Coordinate the processes relating to the described job function.
Please apply online at www.capetown.gov.za/careers (external applicants) or via the SAP Portal (internal applicants) unless otherwise stated.
By submitting your application for a position at the City of Cape Town, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection process.
Closing date: 1 April 2022
* Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all communications.
* Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request.
* Copies of supporting documents will not be returned.
* Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing.
* Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
* No late applications will be considered.
* If no notification of appointment is received within three (3) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.