GSquared Architecture and Interiors is seeking an Architectural Technologist with 2-5 years working experience to join its team in Cape Town.
GSquared Architecture and Interiors is an established architecture firm based in Green Point, Cape Town, with a focus on Residential projects.
This position requires a hands-on, creative individual with strong visual communication and documentation skills. The successful candidate will be involved in aspects of the design process from inception to completion, and will mostly work in the Residential Design and Planning Studio of the firm.
The ideal candidate will be part of a team consisting of Senior Technologists and Professional Architects. The candidate will be required to work both individually and with others. Experience with job-running, office administration, documentation and technical detailing for new construction projects, as well as additions and alterations to existing buildings, is critical.
GSquared is a collaborative, open-plan studio. Candidates should be looking for full time employment, within the office environment, starting as soon as practical.
Summary of qualification and skills:
- SACAP registered Senior Technologist
- Proficient in Revit, (above average knowledge) AutoCAD (minimal use) and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Other software skills can be beneficial
- Producing high quality work from concept phases to construction packages
- Responsible to follow GSquared Architecture and Interiors design and operational drawing standards
- Knowledge and an active interest in Private and Public Health Care Design Standards and Principles and/or experience with Department of Health drawings and applications for private health care can be beneficial, but not essential
- Documentation of large scale construction project(s)
- Experience with local authority submissions
- Applicant will be required to demonstrate the ability to work through levels of detail in various approval stages of a project
- Meeting deadlines for production of drawings, preparation for meetings and answering queries from contractors and sub-contractors
Shortlisted applicants will be sent a short questionnaire, and thereafter further shortlisted and invited for an interview. Applicants are to bring a printed copy or digital copy of their CV and Portfolio to the interview.
Remuneration packages will be based on qualifications and experience.
Applicants should submit:
- Current CV indicating their full work and education history
- An updated work portfolio demonstrating the above mentioned skillset
- At least three contactable references