Upon acceptance of an application for membership of the Cape Institute for Architecture, members will receive a certificate and are entitled to use the applicable affix, indicating membership of a professional organization. Members details are listed in the online directory.
- Access to members-only section of the website, where members can access the Practice Manual, view Practice Notices issued by the Institute, view the CPD calendar, register your bookings and log your CPD points, update your details and much more.
- Regular newsletters updating members on the activities of the Institute, as well as newsflashes when critical issues are raised as well as updates from SACAP and SAIA.
- Access to Practice Advisory Service where senior members will respond to your queries on practice matters.
- Discount on selected SAIA contract documents
- Free SAIA Practice Manual
- Official events hosted by the Institute including the AGM, CIfA Awards for Architecture, President’s Inauguration, as well as other networking opportunities, discussions, presentations and debates.
- Eligibility to enter into the CIfA Awards for Architecture (every second year) which then leads on the SAIA Awards.
- Accredited CPD presentations as part of our CPD programme, at discounted price for members (more info)
- Opportunity to serve on the CIfA Management Committee
- Free issues of Architecture SA and the Digest of South African Architecture
- Free access to and placement of employment adverts on the website
- Use of the CIfA reference library.
Members of a SAIA affiliated architectural institute are eligible for APIGIS professional indemnity cover which also includes the following unique APIGIS benefits:
- 50% Contribution to excess payment in the event of a claim (maximum R25 000)
- Run-off Cover for retiring practitioners insured with APIGIS for the preceding 3 years
- Supporting your Regional Architectural Institute by channelling a portion of services fees received back into the architectural profession.