Upon acceptance of an application for membership of the Cape Institute for Architecture, members will receive a certificate and are entitled to use the applicable affix, indicating membership of a professional organization. Members details are listed in the online directory.
- Access to members-only section of the website, where members can access the Practice Manual, view Practice Notices issued by the Institute, view the CPD calendar, update your details and much more.
- Regular newsletters updating members on the activities of the Institute, as well as newsflashes when critical issues are raised as well as updates from SACAP and SAIA.
- Access to Practice Advisory Service where senior members will respond to your queries on practice matters.
- Discount on selected SAIA contract documents
- Discounts on books and Joint Building Contracts Committee (JBCC) documents
- Online SAIA Practice Manual
- Official events hosted by the Institute including the AGM, CIfA Awards for Architecture, President’s Inauguration, as well as other networking opportunities, discussions, presentations and debates
- Eligibility to enter into the CIfA Awards for Architecture (every second year) which then leads on the SAIA Awards
- Accredited CPD presentations as part of our CPD programme, at discounted price for members (more info)
- Opportunity to serve on the CIfA Management Committee
- Free issues of Architecture SA and the Digest of South African Architecture
- Free access to and placement of employment adverts on the website (more info)
Members of a SAIA affiliated architectural institute are eligible for APIGIS professional indemnity cover which also includes the following unique APIGIS benefits:
- 50% Contribution to excess payment in the event of a claim (maximum R25 000)
- Run-off Cover for retiring practitioners insured with APIGIS for the preceding 3 years
- Supporting your Regional Architectural Institute by channelling a portion of services fees received back into the architectural profession.