VPUU NPC implements multi-sectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of neighbourhoods in townships and informal settlements. This is done in partnership with communities, the City of Cape Town, Drakenstein Municipality, Theewaterskloof Municipality and the Western Cape Government. We work in an integrated team of community participation, socio economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure, and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods. An area strategy has been developed with community leaders, municipal officials & provincial officials which is called the community action plan. We are currently expanding our team and offer following position:
R15 000 per month fixed term contract until 30 June 2018
Job Purpose: Development of Architectural Plans aligned to VPUU methodology and strategy.
Key performance Areas:
• Site and community mapping and investigation of local context to develop base layers for Safe Node Area/s at urban and architectural scales.
• Assist and develop Conceptual design, design development and Technical Drawings of Strategic Public Buildings and public space to work with implementation and Community Action Plans aligned to VPUU methodology and strategy and National Building Regulations
• Assist Contract administration of Architectural projects from Stage 1 to stage 5 of SACAP Architectural Projects i.e. design to implementation on site using JBCC.
• Support the application of VPUU Urban Design Safety Principles in Safe Node Areas
• Assist the development of 2D and 3D graphic presentation of Spatial & Building Plans including models, posters and other tools (games) to work with community stakeholders
• Assist presentation of Building Plans/Architectural designs to key stakeholders
• Communication with VPUU Workstreams and include input regarding project specific implications
• Reporting/documentation of Architectural Plans, Spatial Plans and Urban Design related work according to specific aspects of work e.g. tender process etc.
• Research documentation of Architectural work/projects to show best practice
• Assist project management of specific projects, including minute writing, attendance at meeting, liaison with key officials and technical team consultants.
• Master’s Degree in Architecture
• 1 year’s internship experience
• Knowledge of MS Office software,
• Knowledge of graphic software, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite
• GIS software and use of GPS advantage
• Effective oral/written communication skills in English (isiXhosa will be advantage) report writing skills
• Experience in Architectural projects
• Experience in Project Management is an advantage
• Driver’s Licence
Please forward a CV and a covering letter, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications by email or post to: VPUU, PO Box 2373 Cape Town 8000.
Closing date for applications: 24 February 2017
Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful.