The Capital Planning and Projects department within Properties & Services is seeking a highly motivated person to take up the position of Architectural Technologist in the Director’s Office. Capital Planning and Projects is responsible for campus planning and space management. This includes identifying, planning and presenting the University’s future infrastructure requirements within affordable limits and for space management.
The successful candidate will provide services related to the implementation, maintenance and upkeep of the University’s AutoCAD drawing database; maintaining University space planning database and prepare sketch proposals through to working drawings stage.
• B.Tech or BAS in Architecture.
• Minimum 5 years’ post-qualification experience in architectural practice
• Registration with the South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP) as a professional technologist
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and experience in working in Revit a distinct advantage
• Exceptional knowledge of construction and on-site experience in building projects.
• Strong leadership and excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Preparation of working drawings and tender documentation.
• Update and maintain drawings, space data and occupancy data based on project information provided.
• Using Architectural CAD drafting skills draw up sketch plans and full working drawings with minimal supervision and ensure compliance with UCT space norms.
• Document and provide detailed design layouts of new and existing research facilities, laboratories, office and teaching space layouts.
• Document layout, design, and space plan of facilities in relation to space moves plan
• Assist in the preparation of presentations for University Committee meetings.
The annual remuneration package for 2019 including benefits: R471 495 – R554 699.
To apply, please e-mail the following documents in a single pdf file to Ms Vathiswa Mbangi at Recruitment03@uct.ac.za
– UCT Application Form (download at http://web.uct.ac.za/depts/sapweb/forms/hr201.doc)
– Letter of motivation, and
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure that the job title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telephone: 021 650 3003 Website: http://www.uct.ac.za/services/properties/
Reference number: Closing date: 6 January 2020
UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Policy is available at www.uct.ac.za/downloads/uct.ac.za/about/policies/eepolicy.pdf. For this post we seek particularly to attract black South African (African, Coloured, Indian) candidates.
UCT reserves the right not to appoint.