ARCHITECT POSITION VACANCY FROM AUGUST 2017
We are looking for an intelligent team player to join our compact firm in
Greenpoint, Cape Town. The candidate should be an architect with the ability to
work on a variety of project scales and sectors: from fixed interior architecture
projects, to high-end residential, to commercial and educational projects.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Reporting to and working directly under the directors.
Oversee the daily running and administration of one or several architectural
Liaison with Professional Consultants.
Project Planning and Programming.
Project Concept Design and Design Development.
Preparation of Local Authority Submissions.
Technical Drawing Production.
Building Contract Administration and Site supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
A recognized architectural degree, equal to or higher than B.Arch / MArch(Prof) /
MArch(Prof) / BTech.
Registration with SACAP will be an advantage.
At least 2-3 years working experience post graduation.
Full proficiency of Autocad and Autodesk Revit software.
Working knowledge of Google Sketchup, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
Basic understanding of spreadsheets and word processing software.
A sufficient level of building contract and site administration experience.
Good verbal and written communication skills (in English).
Attention to detail.
Ability to work well and stay focused under pressure in a demanding environment.
• Highly organized: excellent multi-tasker and prioritizer.
• Good interpersonal and effective communication skills – approachable and
• Building good working relationships and working well within a small team.
• Creative and solution-driven.
REMUNERATION AND APPOINTMENT AGREEMENT:
• Salary will be commensurate with experience.
• Safe undercover parking is provided for all staff.
• A three month probation period will apply, based on a written employment
SUBMISSION OF PORTFOLIO AND CURRICULUM VITAE BY EMAIL ONLY.