KLG Architects are a small design led architecture office based in Rondebosch. We have a broad portfolio of work across a number of sectors. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented all-rounder year out student (UCT/CPUT) to join our practice for 2017.
You will gain a variety of experience and insight into a wide range of projects and processes in the practice.
Current projects include – museums, educational projects, leisure and farming buildings, several new build houses as well as substantial alterations and additions to existing houses.
– Assisting project architects with project delivery;
– Assisting with construction documentation;
– Making 3D CAD models;
– Producing visualisations;
– Maintaining office libraries.
– Assisting the Office Manager with administrative and marketing tasks.
– Liaising with various local authorities in order to obtain necessary approvals
Skills and Abilities:
– Able to act independently and bring creative ideas to design and practical problems;
– Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
– Able to interact with a variety of people in a pleasant manner.
– Excellent design skills;
– Excellent visualisation and model-making skills;
– Software: Autocad, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office.
How to Apply:
Applications should be made by email (not larger than 5mb).
– A cover letter explaining how you meet all the criteria for the post, and why you want to work for KLG
– CV detailing previous experience and qualifications;
– Up to 4 sides of A4 showing images and drawings of key previous projects and personal work
– Email a single PDF no bigger than 5MB with ‘Student Internship/ Recruitment’ in the subject line;
– Deadline for applications is end of March 2017;
– We will only be able to enter into correspondence with shortlisted candidates;
– KLG Architects is an Equal Opportunities Employer.