GAPP Architects & Urban Designers
Cape Town CBD
22 Oct 2018
GAPP Architects & Urban Designers has a vacancy for an experienced (5 – 10 years) project Architect/Technologist to work on a range of challenging refurbishment projects throughout the Western Cape area. You must have a good understanding of detail and construction methodology and be able to write up specifications and reports and set up spreadsheets to assist in project management. You must have a pro-active demeanor and be able to work independently and take initiative to complete tasks on time in a pressured environment.
If you meet the following requirements:
- Registered with SACAP as a professional architect/ architectural technician.
- 5-10 yrs post graduate experience in architect/architectural technician role.
- 5-10 yrs proven experience in AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project Management tools.
- Proficiency in Revit will be an advantage.
- Proven contractual knowledge of JBCC and knowledge of NEC3 will be an advantage.
- Good technical knowledge and experience – systems & products.
- Own transport with a valid SA driver’s licence.
COMPETENCIES AND WORK ETHIC:
- Effective oral and written communication in professional and lay domains
- Good eye for detail and understanding of building design.
- Professional use and management of information.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and quality.
- Pro-active demeanour.
- Logical thinking.
- Ownership of work.
- Commitment to deadlines.
- Able to work independently on multiple projects.
- Diligent with initiative and high standards.
- A team player and/or leader.
- An excellent track record and contactable references.
Please send your application via email only.
The starting salary is within industry norms and excellence will be rewarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.