Francois Du Toit Architects
15 Oct 2018
We are currently looking for an Architectural Technologist to join our dynamic team, based in the Cape Town CBD.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate approximately 3-5+ years’ experience of working as a professional architectural technologist. You must also be a holder of a recognized degree or diploma (the latter will require SAT registration category with SACAP), be skilled in the use of Revit, AutoCAD and SketchUp and, be technically proficient in building construction and the necessary documentation thereof.
This position is an integral member of our team and you will contribute to the success of our organisation by delivering the following:
- Planning, producing (in Revit) and checking drawings and documentation from Schematic to Tender/Working Drawings stages
- Managing of own drawing output, quality thereof, as well as that of a small team
- Interpret and apply regional codes and regulations to ensure code compliance
- Proposing the corrective actions and problem-solving to produce the necessary project deliverables and achieve deadlines
- Communicate effectively, professionally and with respect for different cultures when dealing with team members and other disciplines.
What skills are required:
- Building construction technical expertise
- Revit, AutoCAD proficiency in working drawing standards and workflow (BIM experience is beneficial)
- Inter disciplinary coordination and communication
- Efficient time management and drawing package delivery
- Flexibility between different tasks and/or projects, and being able to work in a team and/or individually
- Proven project delivery – from local authority applications to construction delivery
- Construction documentation, schedules, detailing and applying specifications
- Adhering to modelling/drawings standards in Revit models and of 2D drawing output
- Sourcing information from and liaising with manufacturers and suppliers
- Knowledge of, and experience in complying with relevant by-laws, guidelines, building codes and regulations
Supplementary experience and information:
- SACAP Professional or Candidate SAT (Senior Architectural Technologist) registration is preferred
- Experience on large and/or complex projects is considered beneficial, but not essential
- Site experience in dealing with physical construction challenges and effective solutions is considered beneficial
A competitive salary is available for this position.