31 Aug 2018
COA (www.coasite.com) is a design orientated, award-winning, architecture and design firm, based in Cape Town, working across a range of projects in the residential, leisure, education and commercial sectors, focusing on Southern Africa.
We are seeking an interior designer with a passion for design and detail who meets the following requirements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Interior design Qualification (critical)
- Ability to document design information (critical)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Archicad, sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In design are all an advantage.
- Strong presentation skills and knowledge of materials & finishes.
- Strong Communication skills
- Proficiency through all stages of the project cycle, including sketch design, technical documentation,
joinery design, FF&E procurement and site work.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and strong administration skills, including managing of
project budgets, procurement and project delivery.
- Own Car & Valid Drivers license
Key Performance requirements:
- Producing drawing packages for both concept and build/fit-out phases.
- Drawing packages include floor layouts, construction plans, elevations, roof and site plans, plumbing layouts and drainage
graphs, electrical and lighting layouts, sections, ceiling plans, detail (working) drawings.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment
(FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
- Attending meetings with suppliers, including scoping and snagging meets.
- Producing Presentation Boards in adobe indesign or Photoshop Key Industry Work Experience:
FF&E for Hospitality Interiors. – Furniture detail drawings, liaising with suppliers, managing the
- Obtaining & Inspecting Quotations for Various Furniture, Fixed Fittings Items, Wall & Floor Finishes.
- Proficiency in producing 2D technical drawings, 3D models and isometric drawings
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
We offer a competitive salary for the right individual based on qualifications and experience. Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a short resume and portfolio, mentioning availability and contact information. We accept digital applications only (maximum file size 6 MB), via email only.
No phone calls please – we will only contact candidates who meet our recruiting criteria.