Craft Of Architecture
Newlands, Cape Town
09 Jun 2017
Craft of Architecture (www.coasite.com) is a growing, design orientated, award-winning, architectural firm, based in Cape Town and Durban, working across a range of projects in the residential, hospitality, education and commercial sectors.
We are seeking an architect / designer with a passion for interior design who can influence the creative design process and take on management level responsibility.
- Interior design Qualification (critical)
- Ability to document design information (critical)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, ArchiCAD, sketchup, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe In design are all an advantage.
- Strong presentation skills and knowledge of materials & finishes.
- Strong Communication skills
- Proficiency through all stages of the project cycle, including sketch design, technical documentation, joinery design, FF&E procurement and site work.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and strong administration skills, including managing of project budgets, procurement and project delivery.
- Own Car & Valid Driver’s license
Key Performance Requirements:
- Producing drawing packages for both concept and build/fit-out phases. Drawing packages include floor layouts, construction plans, elevations, roof and site plans, plumbing layouts and drainage graphs, electrical and lighting layouts, sections, ceiling plans, detail (working) drawings.
- Participate in the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF&E), color palettes, and lighting
- Attending meetings with suppliers, including scoping and snagging meets.
- Producing Presentation Boards in adobe indesign or Photoshop Key Industry Work Experience:
- FF&E for Hospitality Interiors. – Furniture detail drawings, liaising with suppliers, managing the manufacture process.
- Obtaining & Inspecting Quotations for Various Furniture, Fixed Fittings Items, Wall & Floor Finishes.
- Proficiency in producing 2D technical drawings, 3D models and isometric drawings
Interested applicants are invited to apply by sending a short resume and portfolio, mentioning availability and contact information. We accept digital applications only (maximum file size 6 MB).