Tygervalley, Cape Town
30 Sep 2017
Architectural and design practice, BPAS Architecture is looking for experienced (1-3 years) and qualified Professional Senior Architectural Technologist at their Bellville based office.
We are seeking an energetic, hardworking, personable candidates to add value to our practise. Who would take ownership and use initiative on each project. The individual should have a strong background in Residential and Group Housing an technicians it will oversee. Exposure to clients on a regular basis also possible
Qualifications and Skills:
- B-Tech in Architecture
- Registration with SACAP is compulsory
- Initiative, with the ability to work proactively, independently and as part of a team
- Significant experience in detail design and project delivery on both large and small scale projects
- Must have experience in managing the on-site process and leading site meetings
- Technical skills in Revit
- Communication skills required in order to communicate effectively with contracts, consultants and clients
- Knowledge of 3d Sketchup, 3d Studio Max, Photoshop, and InDesign an advantage.
Duties will include and not limited to;
- Layout and folio abilities
- Integrate land surveyors and engineers drawings
- Site measurements & Photo Records
- National Building Regulations, South African National Standards and Design knowledge would be recommended for personal progress
- Monthly goals and tasks done in architectural field and is self-enriching, handed in monthly with examples
- Attend courses, seminars and site meeting and give feedback on a monthly basis
- Site Development Plans
- Plan submissions process, amendments and approval
- Client interaction and understanding clients’ needs
- Snag list and able to act as agent in terms of Contract and Works Managements
We offer a market related salary based on qualifications experience. Please contact Xander Collen to apply via email for the positions available.
All candidates will be responded to and those who fit our criteria will be invited for an interview together with an updated CV and portfolio.
Start Date: 16 October 2017 or 1 November 2017