20 Nov 2018
ARG Reference Number: TPUD1
Job Type Classification: Permanent
Office Location: Observatory
Remuneration: R25 000 – R35 000/month
Location – Country: South Africa
Location – Province: Western Cape
Location – Town/City: Cape Town
- ARG Design is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a vacant post of Professional Town and Regional Planner/Urban Designer in our Urban Design, Planning and Environment practice.
- The appointee would be assistant to the Manager of the practice.
- Our projects are wide ranging across Local Area Plans, Urban Design Frameworks, Redevelopment plans, Rezoning Applications, Strategic Urban Interventions and Transactions Advisory services, Large scale human settlement planning
- B or M degree in Urban Design/Town and Regional Planning or relevant qualification.
- 3 years post qualification in Town and Regional Planning or Urban Design experience.
- Registration with SACPLAN as a Professional/Candidate Town and Regional Planner and/or with UDISA as an Urban Designer.
- Job related knowledge: Programme and project management; Town and regional principles and methodologies; Research and development; Computer-aided applications including GIS; Good written ability; Good spatial and design aptitude, team player and willing to go the extra mile; Analytical; Creativity; Self-management; Good Communication skills; Computer literacy: Preferably Indesign, Photoshop and GIS; Good Microsoft Excel skills important. Attention to detail. A valid driver’s licence.
- Produce Town Planning/Urban Design analysis reports and drawings.
- Produce drawings that will aid in communication with clients and communities.
- Ensure the application of town and regional planning and urban design principles in land development.
- Plan and design to ensure sustainable human settlements. Compilation of spatial development frameworks (SDF).
- Compile Urban Design guidelines.
- Conduct research and development. Continuous professional development to keep up with new technologies and procedures. Research /literature studies on aspects related to town and regional planning such as food security, climate change, housing.
- Produce spreadsheets relating to density, provision of community facilities.
Additional Information African, Coloured and Indian males and African, Coloured, Indian and White females and Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter with the subject, TPUD1, by 20 November 2018, by email only.