20 Mar 2019
POSITION – PROJECT ARCHITECT/SENIOR ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGIST
A position is available for an enthusiastic project Architect/Senior Architectural Technologist with at least 10 years’ experience. The person will be involved in a wide range of Commercial and Institutional Projects. The person will be expected to run projects as a team leader and lead consultant. The suitable candidate will be responsible for the project delivery through all phases of the projects.
Job Type: Full-time
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Responsible for full project delivery
- Lead an Architectural team
- Design and develop project documentation
- Coordinating and leading all disciplines during design and construction development
- Dealing with clients face to face as part of the project management team
- Managing the construction phase; site meetings, coordinate services, control budget and project schedules
- Working on multiple projects at the same time
Required Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Architectural Qualifications
- Must be registered with SACAP
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D software (ArchiCAD is the current default package being used.)
- Proficiency is MS Office
- Good design, technical and presentation skills
- Strong skills in contract administration (Knowledge of the JBCC and NEC contracts – advantageous)
- Sound knowledge of Local Planning and Municipal requirements and National Building Regulations
- Experience in maintenance and refurbishment projects – advantageous
- Able to work independently on multiple projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Diligent, with initiative and high quality of work
- Valid Code B driver’s license with own transport
- Minimum 10 years’ post qualification Project Architect experience
- Sound track record in design
- Extensive experience in technical design & documentation
- Experience at managing projects
- 3D Modelling and rendering experience – advantageous
Remuneration & Benefits:
- Market related. Salary is negotiable for the ideal candidate (depending on experience).
- Provident, Risk benefits (Life, Disability, etc.) and Medical Aid (post probation)
- Annual non-guaranteed performance bonus
- Company sponsored professional membership fees (qualifying criteria applies)
- How many years of ArchiCAD experience do you have? Min 3 years
- How many years of Architecture experience do you have? 10 years
- How many years of AutoCAD experience do you have? Min 3 years
- How many years of dealing with clients face to face as part of the project management team experience do you have? 4-5yrs
- How many years of Leading an Architectural team experience do you have? 4-5yrs
- How many years of Project Documentation Designing & Developing experience do you have? 10-yrs
- Do you have the following license or certification: SACAP Registration?
To apply, please submit the following:
- An updated CV
- Digital Portfolio / Link to such a portfolio
- Current and Expected remuneration (CTC/TGP and Take Home/Net)
- Current benefits
- (Contactable references once shortlisted) – preference given to referees to whom you reported directly.
- Notice period
- Preference will be given to candidates currently residing in Cape Town.
- If you have not received a response in two weeks, please consider the vacancy application as unsuccessful.
Please send CV and other relevant documents by email only.